This is a rough list of things I would like to add to future releases,
in no particular order, with no particular schedule. This was last updated for
- I plan on overhauling aephem to make the API more sensible while
leaving much of the inner-workings of the code intact. I don't have a schedule
for this, but if this is something you would look forward to , do let me know
as it would be good to know if there is broader interest.
- Current bugs to be fixed:
- The sub-observer longitude does not agree with HORIZONS to within a few
tens of minutes of arc. I have not been able to figure out why. Latitude
agrees within a few arcminutes.
- Rising, setting and transit times for ephemeris items.
- Facilities to calculate planet surface brightnesses, which would include:
- temperature models,
- solid angles,
- inclination of Saturn's rings.